- It is easy to understand and simple to calculate.
- It is not affected by extremely large or small values.
- It can be located just by inspection in ungrouped data and discrete frequency distribution.
- It can be useful for qualitative data.
- It can be computed in an open-end frequency table.
- It can be located graphically.
- It is not well defined.
- It is not based on all the values.
- It is stable for large values so it will not be well defined if the data consists of a small number of values.
- It is not capable of further mathematical treatment.
- Sometimes the data has one or more than one mode and sometimes the data has no mode at all.