- It is easy to understand and simple to calculate.
- It is not affected by extreme large or small values.
- It can be located only by inspection in ungrouped data and discrete frequency distribution.
- It can be useful for qualitative data.
- It can be computed in open-end frequency table.
- It can be located graphically.
- It is not well defined.
- It is not based on all the values.
- It is stable for large values and it will not be well defined if the data consists of small number of values.
- It is not capable of further mathematical treatment.
- Sometimes, the data having one or more than one mode and sometimes the data having no mode at all.